Monday, November 10, 2014

Back to Blogging...

After a L O N G break of blogging (including a year stint working in reading intervention) I am back in a media center (3 to be exact) and ready to begin sharing!

I have been busy keeping students at three different media centers in grades K-6 busy!

Here is a quick glance at what we have been doing:

Grades 1/2:
One of my buildings I see grades first and second grade together so to make it a little more easier lesson planning between three schools, I have been combining lesson and activities for these grades.

Most recently we have been exploring Mercy Watson, which started with a book talk and read aloud of the first novel, making origami Mercy Watson pigs, and exploring Mercy Watson's website.

Grade 6: I conducted my first Book Tasting as we explored/reviewed genres. Last week they began writing scripts about a book they have finished recently and written a synopsis (including genre!) and now we are in the process of recording our book synopsis as avatars via Voki.

Grade 4/5: I have begun Digital Passport with two of my schools with the fourth and fifth graders. We have explored the areas of keyword searching and cell phone use.

With my third school, we are going to be using POW TOON with our Chromebooks to create book trailers. See my next post for my example trailer as I try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment