Friday, November 16, 2012

A few random library things

This year I am at a new school and trying to get things all sorted out and ready. Here are some things I have been working on:

iPads: We are fortunate enough to have a new set of iPads so I am strategically planning an experience for grades 2-4 to try them out for their first time. Each lesson will incorporate proper care of iPads at the beginning.

Second Grade: We are going to try out Tumble Books on our iPads and then later they will be part of our Holiday Stations during December.

Third Grade: Each year I do a small biography research project with third grade. Normally I read aloud a biography to give them a starting point. This year they will be reading one online through the app, with a partner as their first experience with an iPad at school. (Did I mention I am starting out small?)

Fourth Grade: Story Wheel (mentioned in a previous blog post)

Book Requests: I am also rolling out an online book request form instead of having students write them on scraps of paper like I usually do, I am going to start directing third and fourth graders to a computer where they have to fill out this form. It's very plain but straightforward and was easy to make using Google Forms.

Pinterest... like everyone else, I have been gathering ideas on Pinterest. Look for my Education/Library board ...Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment